What data do we collect and where from?
- Privilege Card When you sign up to a Welland Vale Nureseries Ltd Privilege Card instore or online we will need to collect certain personal data from you to link the card to your Privilege Card Account so you may start to receive discount. Here is a description of the types of personal data we may collect: Your Full name, Address and Postcode, Telephone/Mobile, Email address.
- Website When you visit the Welland Vale Nurseries Ltd websites, we may collect data about the type of device you use, your device's unique identifier, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you install or access our products or services. Where available, our services may use GPS, your IP address, and other technologies to determine a device's approximate location to allow us to improve our products and services.
If you are making a payment for products purchased online, the credit card processing vendor uses security measures to protect your information both during the transaction and after it is complete. Our vendor is certified as compliant with card association security initiatives, including the Visa Cardholder Information Security and Compliance (CISP), MasterCard® (SDP), and Discovery Information Security and Compliance (DISC).
- The Orchard Café When you visit the onsite Orchard Café at Welland Vale Nurseries Ltd you can use the free WiFi provided. You will need to provide personal data so we can ensure that your searches are lawful. We may collect data about the type of device you use, your device's unique identifier, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you install or access our products or services. Where available, our services may use GPS, your IP address, and other technologies to determine a device's approximate location to allow us to improve our products and services.
- Other We also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us with queries, complaints, comments or praise, or information that you voluntarily post about yourself on public areas of our platform (Voluntary Data).
What do we use your data for?
The information we collect when you apply for a Privilege Card instore or online is for the sole use of marketing for Welland Vale Nurseries Ltd. The information you provide us will not be sold to third parties.
- Providing, improving, and developing our products and services: We use personal data to help us provide, improve, and develop our products, services, and advertising. This includes using personal data for purposes such as data analysis, research, and audits. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in offering you products and services and for business continuity. If you enter a contest, or other promotion, we may use the personal data you provide to administer those programs.
- Communicating with you: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use personal data to send you marketing communications in relation to our own products and services, communicate with you about your account or transactions, and inform you about our policies and terms. If you no longer wish to receive email communications for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe at any time with the Unsubscribe link at the foot of the electronic mailer. We also may use your data to process and respond to your requests when you contact us or if you have entered a competition instore or on social media.
- Promoting safety and security: We use personal data to help verify accounts and user activity, as well as to promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping ensure the safety of our products and services.
Who do we share your data with?
We will need to share your personal data with some third parties in some circumstances. This includes where we use third party suppliers to perform various services for us. The third party suppliers we share your personal data with are as follows:
- Service providers These can manage our customer database and registration process; other service providers such as information security service providers who help us to manage our IT systems and ensure that they are secure.
- Staff Access to your personal data is stored securely onsite and may need to be accessed to contact you if you have made an enquiry for our products or services.
How long do we keep your data for?
We will keep your personal data for as long as your Privilege Account is open. You may close your account at anytime however you will no longer be eligible to receive discounts and your Privilege Card will be suspended. We may need to keep your data after account closure for limited purposes, for example if we need your data in order to respond to any complaints or claims that you make. If this is the case, we will only keep the data for as long as we need to in order to fulfil those purposes.
What rights do you have?
You have a number of rights under data protection law. These rights and how you can exercise them are set out in this section. We will normally need to ask you for proof of your identity before we can respond to a request to exercise any of the rights in this section and we may need to ask you for more information, for example to help us to locate the personal data that your request relates to. We will respond to any requests to exercise your rights as soon as we can and in any event within one month of receiving your request and any necessary proof of identity or further information. If your request is particularly difficult or complex, or if you have made a large volume of requests, we may take up to three months to respond. If this is the case we will let you know as soon as we can and explain why we need to take longer to respond.
- A right to access your information You have a right to ask us to send you a copy of your Account Data and all other personal data that we hold about you. A request to exercise this right is called a "subject access request" and must be made in writing to: email@example.com or to: Data Protection Officer, Welland Vale Nurseries Ltd, Glaston Road, Uppingham LE15 9EU.
- A right to have inaccurate data corrected You have a right to ask us to correct inaccurate data that we hold about you. If we are satisfied that the new data you have provided is accurate, we will correct your personal data as soon as possible.
How can you contact us?
What if this policy changes?